Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baking Powdered Biscuits serve with caned chili or soup (under 10 dollars)

My challenge this morning..I really need to go to the grocery store but I am waiting for a 25 dollar gift rewards card from smiths before I go so I am down to 1 egg and I made up powdered milk lol it doesnt taaste to bad if you add vanilla in it. anyways I was looking for something for cheap for dinner tonight and I only had a half a cup of butter so anyways here is what I have found....

Baking Powder Biscuits

2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 tbl butter or shortening
1/2 tsp salt
about 3/4 cup of milk

400 degrees for 12-15 minutes

Sift flour once measure add baking powder salt and sift again cut in shortening or butter (this is where I use my hands by rubbing the butter into the flour) add milk gradually stiring until soft dough is formed turn out slightly floured lightly need for 30 sec enough to shape roll 1/2 in thick and cut inch and a half. You can also make tiny tea biscuits. This says it will make 24 but I am not certain on that lol that is alot

No comments:

Post a Comment