Saturday, August 7, 2010

Strawberries n cream pie ice pops

This looked so good I had to share it and I am trying this with my fozen strawberries I bought for less then a dollar a piece.

3 cups fresh strawberries
about 1 pd chopped
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (im just using plain yogurt I had on hand)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
one 6 ounce store bought graham cracker crust crumble into course pieces (im using whatever I have in cubbord and putting it into food processor)

1. In a medium saucepan bring the strawberries and sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat and reduce until thick and jamlike about 20 minutes (for frozen I am going longer)
2. Using food processor puree the berry mixture then transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until cold stir in the yogurt and lemon juice.
3. Fold the graham cracker crumbs into the yogurt mixture until half blended. Spoon the mixture into a 8 to 10 count ice pop mold. Im just using my dollar store ice molds.... and freeze for 4 hours or until solid

No comments:

Post a Comment