Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sausage-Stuffed Potatoes (under 10 dollars) meal

I will be adding 10 dollar recipes or less as I am trying to cut down our food budget...so here is one of them...
baking potatoes (as many as you need) this recipe calls for 2 but I use more
1 pkg bulk pork sausage ( I am using whatever sausage I have in my deep freezer)
1 Tabelspoon of butter or margarine
2 Tabelspoons of grated parmason cheese
Dash of pepper
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I am using whatever cheese I have available wich is mozerella)

1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400 degrees  for 1 hour our until tender. In a skillet cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Cool potatoes slightly cut in half lengthwise scoop out the pulp and place in a mixing bowl. Add butter and mash. Stir in parmason cheese pepper and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.

2. Place in an 11 by 7 in baking pan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees. for 20 or 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment