Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Three bean chowder

Too busy to cook I know I was today I am looking for a job and dont have time to spare right now so I put everything in the crockpot and let it cook itself. Easy done and overwith. I will try to put some of my favorite crock pot recipes on here.

1 can (16 ounces) Kidney beans
1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
1 can (15 ounces) black beans
1 can (14 ounces)vegtable broth
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced stewed tomatoes, with liquid
1 medium onion, chopped
3/4 cup chunky salsa
1 tsp minced garlic
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoons cumin

Combine all ingredients in greased 4 to 5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 6  to 8 hours. Makes 8-10 servings.
Serve with pita pockets stuffed with lettuce rings or red onion and green pepper slices

I just serve this as soup and I add sour cream on top it is so delicious. Instead of the canned beans I use the food storage beans and I boil them each up before I cook them. and then I put them in the crock pot it saves so much money and helps me use my food storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment